Pick up : from Hotel
Pick up Time : 07:45 hrs
Availability : Everyday
Meal : Lunch included
- Pick up from the hotel
- Start the tour with a spectacular view over Goreme from Esentepe: fairy chimneys, rock formations and cave houses.
- Continue driving to Derinkuyu Underground City, one of the best-preserved and deepest Underground Cities in Cappadocia.
- Derinkuyu is excavated to a depth of approximately 85 m. containing all the usual rooms including (stables, cellars, storage rooms, refectories, churches, wineries etc.); a large room on the second floor was a missionary school with study rooms.
- Proceed to Ihlara Valley. This gorge is 16 km long and both sides are lined with rock carved churches; there are more than a hundred little churches and houses. You will walk about 4 km along the river in the valley exploring the hidden churches.
- At the end of your walk lunch will be served at Belisirma Village by the river.
- On the way back visit Selime Monastery, carved out of the rock by Christian monks in the 13th century. The size of the church makes a visit here astonishing.
- Stop briefly at Yaprakhisar Panorama point for another view of this great Monastery (this is also the spot where famous movie “Star Wars” was shot).
- Return back to the hotel
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 2.5 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10 - 80 steps.
- Comfortable shoes, a hat and plenty of sunscreens are recommended as shade is limited the order of the tour itinerary may vary in order to avoid congestion.
- Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Shared transfer,
- entry fees,
- English speaking guide
- Return to Hotel
- Personal expenses
- Tip to driver and tour guide
- Anything unless specified being included